Maryann's Cell Phone: 727-457-1903
(call nights, weekends or any time)
Personal Injury Attorney | Offices in Tampa, New Port Richey and St. Augustine
The Nurse Lawyer, P.A
We handle the following types of cases:
- Auto Accident
- Slip and Fall
- Trucking Accident
- Motorcycle accident
- Pedestrian accident
- Wrongful Death
- Negligent Security
When it comes to auto accident cases we handle everything from fender benders to roll overs. We handle rear-end accidents, side-swipes, intersection collisions, interstate or highway accidents, motorcycle accidents, trucking accidents, wrong way accidents, SUV roll overs, bus accidents, taxi cab accidents, fatal car accidents, defective auto parts crashes and uninsured/underinsured motorists claims.
At The Nurse Lawyer, P.A. we carefully evaluate and investigate each accident case to see what caused it, because often times there are multiple contributing factors to a crash and multiple avenues to recover you money. We investigate how your crash happened, which may include investigating the scene of the accident, talking to witnesses, hiring experts, and researching and applying applicable laws, statutes and safety regulations.
For example we will find out:
Was the driver distracted by texting while driving, or driving while using a cellular phone?
Was the driver under the influence or DUI at the time of the crash?
- Did any of the vehicles have defective car parts?
- Was there a problem with the air bag deployment?
- Was the car or truck properly maintained so that the brakes, steering, etc. were safe for roadway travel?
- Did the condition of the road contribute to the accident?
- Did the lighting conditions at that area contribute to the crash?
- Was the driver working for a company at the time of the crash?
- Did that company properly investigate before they hired that negligent driver?
- Was the driver properly trained and supervised if he/she is a professional driver?
- What are all of the possible avenues of insurance coverage that could possibly apply to cover the injuries?
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO AFTER YOU’VE BEEN IN AN ACCIDENT?
- Seek medical help immediately if you feel you need it.
- Notify the police of the accident and always make sure a report is prepared.
- Obtain as much information as possible about what caused the crash.
- Take pictures of the cars, trucks or motorcycles involved in the crash as well as the scene around you.
- Obtain the other driver’s name, address and insurance information.
- Obtain the contact information of any witnesses and ask them to make a statement to the police.
WHAT ARE YOU ENTITLED TO RECOVER AFTER YOU’VE BEEN INJURED IN AN ACCIDENT?
You can recover money for your medical bills now and those to be expected in the future. You can recover money for your lost wages now, and those wages you won’t be able to make in the future. You can recover money for physical pain and suffering; mental pain and anguish; disfigurement; disability; inconvenience and the loss of the capacity to enjoy your life.
With my nursing background and extensive medical knowledge I am fully prepared to handle the mildest cases of whiplash and muscle strain, all the way up to the most serious and catastrophic injuries including broken bones, surgery, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord damage, paralysis and even death. I will present your injuries better than most other attorneys who do not have the medical knowledge base that I have.